France, officially the French Republic, is a democratic unitary state in Western Europe and is bordered by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Spain, the North Sea, Atlantic and the Mediterranean Sea. The largest west-European country has several overseas territories and islands located on other continents and in the Indian, Pacific, and Atlantic oceans. France is a unitary semi-presidential republic and a member of the European Union.
.FR is the official country code Top-Level-Domain (ccTLD) of France.
.FR name space will be open to all individuals and entities domiciled in the European Union (please see chapter [[#Restrictions|Restrictions]]) on December 6, 2011. Furthermore, the registration of .WF, .TF, .RE, .PM and .YT domains will be made available for all businesses / organizations in the European Union.
The following may apply to register a domain name in each of the top-level domains:
* Individuals resident in the territory of the European Union
* Entities having their registered or main office on the territory of a Member of the European Union
## Domain Restrictions
- The tech contact must **NOT** be identical with the owner contact.
- COM.FR, ASSO.FR and TM.FR 3rd level domains are not available for registration anymore since December 6th 2012. It is also not possible to change the registrant for a .COM.FR, ASSO.FR and TM.FR domain names.
- Both owner and admin contact require a local address within the European Union (please see below list). If one of the contacts has no local address in European Union, you may use our trustee service for both contacts; the trustee service cannot be used only for one of the two contacts.
- Name servers for ._fr_ domains have to be correctly configured prior to the actual registration.
- The registry does not use name server objects; instead, only glue records are supported, wherefore a ModifyDomain has to be issued and a ModifyNameserver is not sufficient
Registrants from the following European countries are allowed to register domain names under ._fr_ and the other AFNIC TLDs:
- AT - Austria
- AX - Aland Islands
- BE - Belgium
- BG - Bulgaria
- CH - Switzerland
- CY - Cypress
- CZ - Czech Republic
- DE - Germany
- DK - Denmark
- EE - Estonia
- ES - Spain
- FI - Finland
- FR - France
- GB - United Kingdom
- GF - French Guiana
- GI - Gibraltar
- GP - Guadeloupe
- GR - Greece
- HU - Hungary
- IE - Ireland
- IS - Iceland
- IT - Italy
- LI - Liechtenstein
- LT - Lithuania
- LU - Luxembourg
- LV - Latvia
- MQ - Martinique
- MT - Malta
- NC - New Caledonia
- NL - Netherlands
- NO - Norway
- PF - French Polynesia
- PL - Poland
- PM - Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- PT - Portugal
- RE - Reunion
- RO - Romania
- SE - Sweden
- SI - Slovenia
- SK - Slovakia
- TF - French Southern Territories
- WF - Wallis and Futuna
- YT - Mayotte
**Restrictions on individuals and corporate entities which are eligible to register a domain name**
Any individual residing and any legal entity having its headquarters or principal place of business as specified below may apply to register or renew a domain name in each of the top-level domains:
- within the territory of one of the member states of the European Union;
- within the territory of the following countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
The domain name holder and the administrative contact must be reachable. As such, both the holder and the administrative contact must provide details of a valid telephone number and e-mail address, including accurate information to establish their identities. While the domain name is active, they must ensure that such information is kept up-to-date at all times.
**Reserved domain names**
Reserved domain names of the registry for special use or special individuals or organizations can be found here [http://www.afnic.fr/obtenir/chartes/fondamentaux](http://www.afnic.fr/obtenir/chartes/fondamentaux)
The list of terms that cannot be registered because they are "prohibited terms" includes, in particular
- Abusive terms
- Racist terms
- Obscene terms
- Terms relating to crime or offenses
The list of terms that are "reserved" and can be registered only subject to special conditions, based on the identity or rights of the applicant include, in particular
- Technical Internet terms
- Names of regulated professions;
- Terms relating to government operation;
- Names of the signatory countries of the Paris Convention;
- Dedicated names or terms of international organizations;
- Names of French towns and villages in their base form: the list of reserved terms can be consulted directly on the INSEE website;
- The name of the French Republic, its national institutions and public services, either alone or associated with words referring to such institutions or services
- The name of a local authority, inter-municipal agreement with agglomeration-wide fiscal resources, either alone or associated with words or abbreviations referring to local institutions
- The name of someone in office, associated with words referring to their elective functions.
(_Under Article R.20-44-43-IV, provisions 7 to 9 do not prevent the renewal of domain names registered before the enactment of France's Domain Name Allocation and Management Act 2007, amending the French Electronic Communications and Telecommunications Act)_
- By a company whose name is identical to the registered name and which registered that name as a trademark before 1st January 2004
- By an association whose mission is to defend and promote a protected "designation of origin" for which the name has been registered.
The registration of reserved terms may be subject to specific provisions stipulated in the Procedures Manual.
- The use of certificates for domain names using trustee service will not be possible.
AFNIC may delete, on its own decision, some domain names that do not follow the naming charter after identification operations and/or eligibility checks. From now on, these domain names will no longer be subjected to the redemption period and the outgoing registrar will not be able to restore them.
For technical reasons, the deletion operation will be in two steps:
- AFNIC will transfer the domain names to its own account. In the Whois database, these domain names will appear under the registrar name : AFNIC -Opération-Interne
- Definite deletion of the domain names by AFNIC.
This deletion without redemption starts immediatly.
Vår mission är att erbjuda professionella tjänster, kunnig och snabb support. Har vi det?
Detta är vad några av våra kunder tycker.
Framförallt var det ett suveränt snabbt svar jag fick. Det tog inte tre minuter från att min fråga ställts!
Impeccable service, fast and exactly to the point. THANK YOU FREDRIK!
Snabb återkoppling och bra/pedagogiskt med en film som visade hur man skulle göra.
Hahaha, nu skojar ni lite? Hur kan man bli bättre än en varaktighet på ett ärende som tog 0 tid? Nja, det är svårt att överträffa :-) Tack så mycket! :-D
hos Registrera Domän och ni får följande,